Our Lady of the Blue Highways

Our Lady of the Blue Highways
Portrait in oils by Jackie Poutasse

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Snow Games



Braydon cleaning the snow off Madame'.
This is Braydon's form of snowboarding! This was taken during the first snow. Now there is about 8-10 inches or more of snow all over the area.
This house sits on the end of a dead-end street. At the corner of the house, the street takes a deep dive to the bottom of the back yard - the front of the house is at street level, the back is full day-light basement. The drive is paved to the bottom which makes for a wonderful sledding hill when covered with snow.

The snow plow clears this little street (This is the only house on this side of the street) and piles the snow at the top of the drive. After spending most of the day shoveling the walkway and parking spots, Amanda tackled the pile of snow and built a ramp at the bottom of the drive. It was dark by the time it was finished, but there is a street light right at the top of the drive - perfect for night-time snow sports.

The two little boys, Braydon and neighbor Neo, got out their saucer sleds and had at it. No pictures cause I was all cozy in my froggy p.j.s and wasn't going to suit-up for the outside. I could watch from the window, though, and it was hilarious. They can't sled unless there is an adult at to bottom to keep them from zipping into the puckerbrush. (Don't you just love that word?)


Let me introduce Amanda. She is Angie's very significant other. She is small of stature, compared to the Trainer amazons. Shes a very hard worker, works harder than many men I've known. She cooks, she cleans, and is highly intelligent (honor roll last semester). As you may have surmised, she is an outdoor person, athletic - well not so much since Braydon arrived, (but that's a story for another time) and the best part ..................... are you ready for this?............... She never leaves the toilet seat up!!!! What can be better than that? (unless, of course it's a 6' + 2 1/4 Teddy Bear).


Yesterday Angie and I ran errands. Angie kept complaining about how cold it was. I just didn't get it. It was 22 degrees, and I was dressed properly so I wasn't cold. In the afternoon, we took Braydon and Neo to see Disney's Christmas Carol (another nightmare - not the movie, the rug-rats) When we came out at about 7 p.m. - Wow! It was bitterly cold. The wind was blowing, reminding me of not so fond memories of winter in Montana while I was growing up.


Oh, and to answer Holly's comment: Neo is 5; Braydon will be 5 on January 5.


Yesterday, I was treated to a jam session between Danny and a friend of his. Danny is a very talented guitar player - not my kind of music - it's heavy metal, but by listening for awhile, I could tell that it was good. Anyway, they were jamming away, and during a lull, I heard one of them swear. A small voice piped up indignantly: "Hey, I'm here! (sitting on the landing outside Dan's room), followed by "oh, that's ok, I'm five now". as if it mattered.


Well, it's a not so early Saturday morning. Not sure what is on the agenda for today, but chili is in the pot for dinner!
That's all F-f-f-f-folks!
Bear Hugs
Boots


No comments:

Post a Comment