Our Lady of the Blue Highways

Our Lady of the Blue Highways
Portrait in oils by Jackie Poutasse

Monday, May 10, 2010

Leaving Sun City







Photos:
Strawberry
Michelle's Bar
Jonah - keeping ping-pong ball in air with blower
Pottery Apron
Gaow catching some Z 's




Let’s see. What’s been happening?

I’ve just finished sewing projects for Michelle and Kit. I made 5 denim pottery aprons for her art class. And, I made a “utility belt” for Kit’s Mom with pockets for cell phone and glasses, and altered a pair of trousers for her also. When I saw the label, I thought, Oh, Gosh, can I do this? They were Vera Lang design. But, I took courage, and got the job done.


I went RV shopping the other day – spent an afternoon, a very hot afternoon, visiting nearby sales center. Found what I want, now I have to find a unit I can live with, that is within my budget. I learned a lot that afternoon. I’m really looking forward to when I’ll have my own rig.

I found a singles RV group on the internet. Sort of a Parents without Partners for campers. They have group campouts all over the country. I may look into that!

I’ve spent a lot of time in the screen room. I enjoy listening to the doves, and watching the quail and cottontails. I’m told that in a few weeks, the quail hatchlings will arrive, and they will follow their parent in long lines, running across the yard. Too bad I won’t be here for that.

Christie has taken to sleeping with me nearly every night. Tui sometimes joins us too. Tui always rootles around looking for a comfortable place at the bottom of the bed. But, Christie is a cuddler – she keeps creeping closer and closer, and I keep inching away, until I’m hanging over the edge of the mattress. Kit says Christie thinks that is her bed, and is being very generous allowing me to sleep there.

Last nite I finally made it out to Michelle’s home in the country. We made up a party - Gaow went with me, Michelle’s sister-in-Law, Beth, was there, Christine showed up, and so did Jesse and Brooklyn (Chris’s daughter and granddaughter) Gaow made fried rice and puffy eggs (my request – I love those eggs with rice) and Michelle grilled hamburgers. Beth showed us some yoga moves – that was fun. When it got dark, we built a bon-fire, and made S’Mores.

Jesse took Gaow home, and I followed Chris back to Sun City – across the desert on a dark lonely road! I missed one turn, but by then knew where I was and had no trouble making it back to Kit’s - arriving near midnite.

I was awakened early in the morning with a “Happy Mother’s Day” phone call from Angie. A very nice start to the day! And, I also received an e-card from my oldest.

Kit received a Mother’s Day gift of Chocolate Covered Strawberries from Christine. Can you tell how enormous they are from the photo? Delicious, Too. Sweet and juicy!
My nieces in included me in their Mother’s Day wishes which gave me more warm fuzzies.

I’m leaving in the morning for Benson, AZ – finally. It’s about 200 miles East of here on Hwy 10.

I’ll return on Wednesday, I hope in time to catch the Student Art Show at Michelle’s school. Then, hopefully, very early Thursday, I’ll be off on my way to California.

Until next time,
Bear Hugs
Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment