Our Lady of the Blue Highways

Our Lady of the Blue Highways
Portrait in oils by Jackie Poutasse

Thursday, November 11, 2010

WHAT????!!!!

It's a beautiful morning. The sun is shining brightly bringing out the fall colors beautifully. It's warmer than yesterday.

Tomorrow I load up and head for NY.

But, first, I have to go to the Post Office, the DMV and the Bank.. But wait!
Oops, today is Veterans day. Can't do any of those things. Blast - I'll have to do it in the am, before I leave for NY - didn't want to have to do that.

Well, I guess I'll go out and put the velcro for the new topper on Luv. Have to clean the area first with alcohol so the velcro will stick - and need to wait 24 hours before fastening so it will be well stuck.

Walked out the door - where is Luv? What the Hey!!!!???? Luv is no where to be found. Was she stolen? Couldn't have been towed - I had a visitor's pass. Well, I was wrong. She was towed, and whoever called it in told the tow company to
Luv was an unauthorized vehicle and to tow it whether or not there was a visitor's pass. $125.00 to get her back!!!

Janet left a message with the President of the Condo association, and will call the board as soon as it is 9.00a.m. This just about couldn't happen at a worse time.
So much to do today.

I'll continue this post as soon as this gets resolved.

Well, I got Luv back - $125.00 later, and about an hour trying to find the impound lot. Still no explanation as to why she was towed.

Janet is trying to get ahold of a board member to find out about it - but seems the holiday has caused a delay on that front.

I want my $125 refunded, or I want a really, really good explanation. (Like, if it is in the rules that a visitor can only stay so long, and I've outstayed my welcome)
Janet doesn't remember any such rule - but we'll get to the bottom of it at any rate.

I barely made it to Jackie's for lunch. And, what a delicious meal - fried chicken, beans and fresh bread. Jackie, unlike me, loves to cook and uses herbs and spices expertly. Jackie is also the bread expert. She's the one who introduced me to making bread. Jackie is also an artist, and teaches art locally.

I left there, meaning to make a couple stops, before heading to John and Violet's for dinner. Yes, it was that kind of day. But, I headed home, picked up my book (Girl Who Played with Fire), read for awhile, then fell asleep. Luckily, I woke up in time to leave.

Violet is also an excellent cook (So's John), and we had Hungarian Chicken and salad.
Oh, and apple cider - fresh apple cider - oh, so good. We had the company of cats, one of which always sits beside me at the dinner table looking for hand outs.

Violet is an artist. She has done Dolphins and Herons for Virginia Beach and Chesapeake,and, well, let me say her artistic talents are limitless. My words cannot do it justice. John makes reproduction duck decoys - Violet paints them.

By the way - John and Violet are looking for old, rusted horsehoes to use as weights on their decoys (authentic to history) - If you know of anywhere to find such, let me know.

I returned home shortly before Janet. I thought seriously about sleeping in Luv to make sure she didn't disappear over night, but Janet talked me out of it. Have faith, she said - Think positive.

Well, I am thinking positive, but I think I'll go down and make sure she is still therer.

Yup, she's still there, patiently waiting for me to load her up and hit the road.

Until next time,
Bear Hugs

Luv 'n Boots

I'm out looking for myself. If I return before I get back, please ask me to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment