Our Lady of the Blue Highways

Our Lady of the Blue Highways
Portrait in oils by Jackie Poutasse

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

BACK IN VIRGINIA BEACH - FOR A SPELL

Last report, I told you my computer was cleaned up and ready to go - well, it was cleaned up, but it took til a couple days ago to figure out what happened to my photos. When I moved them to the other drive, they ended up in two different directories. Should be an easy fix, but then the puter went insane. It's been "logging off" for the past 48 hours - nothing I have tried has worked.

So, right now, I'm at Holly's. She is weaving, and I'm playing on her computer.

Let's see. What have I done since I got back??? Well, went through the stuff in storage - Had one stacked 10x10x12 - then had two units stacked 10x10x6 - still couldn't get around all the stuff.

Went through and pulled out anything I could put in a yard sale - had the sale at Betsy's - a very successful sale!!!! I took 3 truck loads to Betsy's and left with 4-5 boxes of left overs which were dropped off at a thrift store on the way back to the storage unit. My girls are very happy to hear that I sold all my baskets!!!!

A couple days before the sale, I discovered "Soft Toppers" - for my pickup - The yard sale netted me just about enough to buy one.

Oh, yeah, you haven't yet heard about "Luv" Luv is a 2002 Dodge diesel, 3/4 ton pickup - with 8 foot bed. Madame has gone to a very caring home - someone who can really take good care of her, and is very happy to have her.

Any how, I want to get a Soft Topper for Luv - it will give me the versatility I need. I wanted to be able to use the cargo capacity of the pu bed - so I almost decided not to get a 5th wheel - but with the soft topper I can have the best of both worlds. Folds up when not in use!

When I first arrived in VA, I spent several days house sitting for Holly while she and Dave were out of town. I got to play "farmgirl" Twice a day, I had to feed two dogs, 3 cats, 4 geese, a flock of chickens and a school of fish. And then fall asleep up in the tree tops (2nd floor) of this beautiful log house, to absolute silence and total darkness. It was a wonderful experience.

I have and am still meeting up with friends - I'll be leaving here the 12th of November for New York, I have the trailer reserved, and also have reserved someone to help load all that stuff. I still have so much - but once I get to Angie's, my load will be much diminished. She's taking my two dressers, and the two trunks. The dressers are solid oak and, very,very heavy.

Course, I have to take responsibility for all the fabric I'm hauling up there. When I moved it from one unit to the other, I stacked it across the back - I had a stack of fabric 4' high x 3 ' wide, by 10' long. Isn't that ridiculous? Absolutely!!! I will have to be sewing non-stop for 6 months to make an appreciable dent in the stack. But, I'll do my best.

Angie called to tell (warn?) me that there will be 44 for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm really looking forward to it! I love crowds during the holidays.

I'm getting close to having only what I can carry in my rig. However, I am holding out on my personal Christmas decorations (all made by my Mother) and my brother's art work, and one not quite filled box of my "memories"

Well, Holly wants to go for a ride in Luv, so I'll close for now. More later

Until next time
Bear Hugs
Luv n'Boots

I'm out looking for myself. If I should return before I get back, ask me to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment