Our Lady of the Blue Highways

Our Lady of the Blue Highways
Portrait in oils by Jackie Poutasse

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

R. I. P.

Last post, I introduced you to Gabby - my new travelling companion.  This post, I am reporting her death, which was tragic, violent, senseless and needless.  Our hearts are broken.  Brooke even more so, since Gabby was the second of her little dogs to die in less than 2 months.  Gabby had been with Brooke all her live.  She will be missed sorely.

Brooke seemed more concerned about how I would take it than for herself (I was in Virginia Beach at the time)

I returned to Brooke's on a Saturday, and after dinner at the farm on Sunday, Brooke walked in with a bundle and handed it to me - and it started wriggling.   And, so appeared in my life, a 2 1/2 pound bundle of joy.   He had a tag that said:  "Hi, my name is Pumpking and Gabby sent me to help heal your broken heart"     I laughed, I cried.  And he has become my constant companion.  Never more than 6 feet away from me.   He likes to travel, loves people.  I'm looking forward to watching his personality develop.  He visited the vet last week, got a shot, that I'm convinced hit a bone cause he set up such a yowling and didn't stop when the needle was removed - that's why I think it hit a bone - he's so tiny and the needle was so large.   Then, to add insult to injury, he was fixed.

He also told me he didn't particularly like the name "Pumpkin"  so we came to an understanding and he is now known as:  Tucker

I wanted to add photos to this post - but............. I can't find my camera.   I need to find it today, or leave without it.

I'm packing up - Had planned to leave yesterday -  Then changed it to today cause I just finished my sewing projects Sunday.  Then I checked the oil, Oh-oh - I can't leave until I get an oil change which means I have to stay put until tomorrow.   It's raining - started yesterday, and will continue all week - so when I go to town to get the oil change stuff, I'm hauling in clothes to dry.

So, tomorrow morning, I'll be off and runnning.  Headed first for Grand Forks ND then on to Montana for the summer.  The packing seems like an endless task.   I had planned to start last week, but I had a load of trash and recycling in the truck waiting for Dennis to arrive so I could show him where to take it.

Dennis is a friend of Brooke's from way back who has come to be a mentor for Seven, and to help out Brooke.   He can do all that I did, plus a whole lot more.

In any event - once I'm on the road, I'll have a lot more to say

So, until next time:

Bear Hugs

Luv 'n Boots, and Tucker too  (And don't forget Wee Beastie)

"She believed she could do it, so she did"

No comments:

Post a Comment