Our Lady of the Blue Highways

Our Lady of the Blue Highways
Portrait in oils by Jackie Poutasse

Thursday, September 13, 2012

OOP's


It’s a bright, sunny, but not overly warm Thursday, and we are packing up for our next camping trip – leaving tomorrow morning.

While I was waiting for my turn in the kitchen (I’m in charge of making cookies)  I was reading the news on MSNBC -  a small article about a cop pulling a 70 yr old from her car when she refused to provide her driver’s license and insurance verification.   INSURANCE VERIFICATION????!!!!   Here I am a retired full bore insurance agent, and I don’t have a scrap of insurance verification with me.   I can’t believe it.  I don’t know how that slipped through my fingers,  So, I called my insurance company, and they were happy to oblige me by e-mailing an ID card – until………I mentioned I was leaving for Canada on Tuesday.   Oops – have to have the Canadian insurance card on official paper – no e-mail – has to be mailed to me.  No problem she said –I said, oh, yes there is – I’m in Montana – the mailed form would not get to me by Tuesday.   She thought for a minute – they said she would e-mail me a certificate of Insurance – which will show all my policy information.   Hope that will work. 

The rest of the day is proceeding nicely – the cookies have turned out very well.   Diane has been giving me a bad time because everytime an item comes up in conversation, I reply, oh, yeah, I’ve got it in my baking box, or wherever!   Today, it was my 3 level stacking cooling rack.  Diane says I should have named my blog – the Elegant Hobo -  Whoa, I said, I’m not a bit elegant.  But she said, my stuff is.   Well what can I say – I like to have everything I could need to do whatever I’m doing.  

 The temps this weekend where we are going are supposed to be in the high 70’s with low’s in the 40’s.  Next week in Canada – high 68 low’s 35-40   Should be interesting.

Until next time,
Bear Hugs

Luv ‘n Boots & Tucker, too
And, Little Bear, of course

She believed she could do it, so she did!

No comments:

Post a Comment