Our Lady of the Blue Highways

Our Lady of the Blue Highways
Portrait in oils by Jackie Poutasse

Friday, August 10, 2012

OK, ALREADY, i GIVE UP

On photos, that is.   I think the problem started earlier this year when I dumped the Canon software, trying to make some room on the hard-drive.   After all, I had traded my Canon for a Pentax so I should use the Pentax software, right?    Well, no, as I now realize that's not necessarily true.   I should have left well enough alone.   The Pentax photos loaded just fine with the Canon software - after all, how could it tell the difference of one memory card from the other?  Actually, I didn't have the Pentax software until a short time before I left Brooke's - because that's how I traded up.  Brooke had the Pentax and traded with me to give me a better (more pixals) camera.

Well, now, no matter what I do, when I try to load a photo on to my blog, the system can't find them.
Off line, I can find the photos, e-mail them, print them, edit them - but I can't find them from the blog site.

So, for the time being, you'll just have to "listen" to me "yada, yada, yada"

Right now, I'm back at Cousin Diane's place and we are a couple hours away from leaving for the mountains to get a camp site and hold it until Carol and Ken arrive Saturday nite for my brother's Memorial on Sunday.  We are more or less packed up - Sticky Buns are in the oven.   Most stuff is in the truck, but I'm still in a Quandary about food.   I thought Carol would be arriving on Friday night, and I haven't been able to get ahold of my Nephew Bob to see if he's still planning on being there.  So I guess I'll take what food I have and make it do.

I had planned to go yesterday, or maybe even Wednesday, but the campground has been closed since Tuesday for spraying for noxious weeds.

Once we get into the mountains, - there is no cell phone use - So,. either Bob will come or he won't, I guess.

I recently made contact with some friends from about 20 some years ago in Virginia Beach - they now live in Florida.   It's great to hear from them.    When I make my next sweep across the top of Florida, I'll look them up.

I've been especially lazy this week - got to get this old body moving around, some way, or it's going to just atrophy in a chair with a book in my hands.  Loading and unloading the truck is about it for exercise at this time.   (Why, oh why did I bring all that stuff with me?  . . . . . . . Oh, wait, I didn't bring all of it - I had left some of it at Barb's in Helena 2 years ago - including the bike.... and now that stuff is taking up the free space I got when I delivered the collectibles and old stuff to Nicki)

By the way, anyone who got the caramel roll recipe from me - don't use 2 loaves unless you are feeding a small army.   I made up a full batch, and now it's probably going to be just me and Diane for the next 2 days - Oh, well, I'll just have to do my duty and make sure they don't go to waste.  I sure hope Bob and son show up at the campground today!!!!

The buzzer is about to go off, and I need to finish packing up.

Until next time,
Bear Hugs

Luv 'n Boots & Tucker, too
And don't forget Litte Bear

She believed she could do it, and so she did!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment