Our Lady of the Blue Highways

Our Lady of the Blue Highways
Portrait in oils by Jackie Poutasse

Thursday, November 26, 2009

November 17 - 20, 2009

Finally! I have left the apartment. Thought I'd never get done. Left Virginia Beach about 3 p.m. & drove to Drewryville to visit Myra. Ended up spending the night and left for Brooke's about 7 a.m. - and arrived in Dahlgren about 3 hours later. The drive was very pleasant, and Madame' performed quite well even with the load she was carrying. It was much colder in Dahlgren than it has been in VB - Brooke seemed to be immune to the cold! No heat, and doors wide open!

The next morning we drove the 2 hours to BWI to pickup Angie and Amanda - and, the 2 hours back - then it was time to move into action to start getting ready for the retirement ceremony for Saturday.

Let me introduce Brooke - she is my middle daughter, and lives up to the designation. She is the original party girl, and has never met a stranger. She has friends, strong, loyal friends all over the world from her 20 years in the Navy. Some of the stories I heard over these few days, no wonder my hair has turned white!

Needless to say, Brooke, Angie and Amanda started rehearsing for the party right away.

bear hugs
Boots

1 comment:

  1. Hey Boots, sounds like you are getting a good start up there. I am guessing the girls and all will be gaining weight, and you will have people to eat all the cookies and candy! I think you better find some dog treat recipes too!
    I'm here getting ready for two shows this weekend, I dont know how I ended up doing shows this year. I hadnt planned on it. They are only 4 hor shows, and I dont expect to do much. Jackie and I are doing them together, so at least I'll have company!
    Glad to hear you are walking, be carefull if it gets icy, and carry your cell phone. I seem to remember that you have a bit of the same light deprived depression I get, so promise me you will at least sit outside for 30 min a day. Thats what I am trying to do. Even a overcast day will give you the Vit D you need.
    Will talk soon, Holly

    ReplyDelete